• Join the First-Gen College Staff and Faculty Council
• Volunteer for move-in day
• Volunteer to speak at wellness symposiums, Equity Thursdays, etc.
• Brainstorm how your office or unit can support our First-Gen students
• Become a First-Gen mentor for one of our students
The First-Gen Council will directly engage our First-Gen students by
participating in their orientation, engaging students through CAE programming and providing one-on-one mentorship
through the first-year transition to college. The council will meet four times a year and
provide feedback to the Center for Academic Equity.